Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Comparative Religion
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Comparative Religion Discuss religion and spirituality in general, other forms of religion and spirituality not mentioned above, or the systematic comparison of the doctrines and practices of the world's religions.

Is Religion Strictly a Personal Matter? Should It Be?

Old Tuesday, October 7th, 2008   #11
GroeneWolf
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Dutch
Subrace: Don't know
State: Utrecht
Family: Single adult
Religion: Germanic Heathendom
GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.GroeneWolf is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebenbürgerin View Post
Do you think religion is stricty a personal issue?
Religion always had strong communal effects. The commonual practice of religious rituals enforces the ties in a society. Like psychonaut said the present vieuw that religion is something that should only exist in someone home/head is a modern vieuw and part of the continous atomisation of our society.

Quote:
Or should it be enforced by the state or encouraged in some way, like by having an official religion?
I don't think it is the task of the state to dictate theology.

Quote:
Should it be taught in schools?
The situation here in the Netherlands is probaly best. Where there are secular public schools and special schools, most of have a religious grounding. So the parents have a choice where to send their childeren to and more older students what kind of school/univeristy to attend.
GroeneWolf is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GroeneWolf For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, March 29th, 2017   #12
Blod og Jord
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Danish
Family: Engaged parent
Politics: Nationalism
Religion: Odinism
Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.Blod og Jord is considered wise by the elders.

It is and it's not. I don't mind a person's religion, as long as it falls in a larger Germanic and European scope.
People who turn Islamist for example, can't be real Germanic nationalists anymore. Islam is a religion which isn't compatible with nationalism. So religions which are too foreign, or even anti-Germanic shouldn't be regarded on the same level with the rest.
Blod og Jord is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blod og Jord For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, March 29th, 2017   #13
Gareth Lee Hunter

Ethnicity: English/German American
Ancestry: England and Germany
State: Indiana
Family: Married
Politics: Not a Republicrat.
Religion: Nondenominational Christian
Gareth Lee Hunter has earned the respect of peers.

My Christian faith is personal to me. I don't approve of the 'progressive' direction established religion is headed in. And when someone asks me what sect I belong to, I simply reply that I'm a Christian and leave it at that.
Gareth Lee Hunter is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, March 29th, 2017   #14
North Vinlander

Ethnicity: Anglo-Canadian
Subrace: Nordid
Politics: Ethnic Nationalism
Religion: Islam exists thanks to Jesus.
North Vinlander is noble of speech.North Vinlander is noble of speech.

Modern liberals try to reduce religion to a trinket and say things like "Why does it matter what god someone believes in?" Sometimes the answer is that they want to kill people who don't believe as they do, sometimes they believe in raping girls who don't dress like they want them to, sometimes they want all stores closed on Sunday.
North Vinlander is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote