Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Forum Back

Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #11
Thusnelda
Lost in Melancholia
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Bavarian tribe
Ancestry: Bavarian
Subrace: Nordid-Borreby
State: Bavaria
Politics: Regionalist-conservative
Religion: Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.

We´re still alive! It feels so good to see the forum back! I´d lie if I said that there weren´t hours where I was seriously worried about the fate of our beloved forum last week. I think the administration deserves and needs support and thankfulness.

Sometimes you recognize things that are very dear to you only when they´re gone.

So Skadites, let´s get back to work!

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thusnelda is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Thusnelda For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #12
Angus
Skadi Staff
Herþra

Ethnicity: Germanic
Family: Single adult
Politics: Moderate
Religion: Folkish Heathen
Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.Angus is a sage.

It's good to see many of us back after only a few hours of the forum being back up! Thanks for bearing with us while we sorted out the problems.
Angus is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Angus For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #13
EQ Fighter

Ethnicity: German/Irish
State: Texas
Family: Single
Politics: Libertarian/Conservative
EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.EQ Fighter is considered wise by the elders.

So what took it down in the first place?
EQ Fighter is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #14
Hersir
Hundhedensk
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Håløyg
Ancestry: Norway
Subrace: Nordid
Y-DNA: I2b1
mtDNA: J2a1a1b
State: Nordland
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Personality: INTP (The Architect)
Family: Married
Politics: Galactic Lebensraum
Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.Hersir is a deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hungry Hun View Post
Oh yeah, and everyone missed that it was birthday yesterday
Happy birthday!

I'm glad the forum is back up too
Hersir is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hersir For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #15
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
Subrace: Borreby + Atlantonordoid
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Family: Engaged
Politics: Natural Order.
Religion: Odinist
Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
Yes, the administration did a good job in bringing the forum back. We mortals cannot even begin to understand the long, tireless hours they put into it - most of it is done hidden and never seen, heard or felt by anyone, bite like the inner life of a Swiss clockwork.

All hail the administration for their tireless efforts and especially of course Aeternitas who will have reliably put the extra work into her schedule despite her manifold obligations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecryingorc View Post
I'm glad it's back, for the last two weeks I've had to make do with the Apricity
Some would rather stay abstinent than trade Bavarian beer for Tennent's. The Apricity is not altogether a bad place, but it certainly don't have the cozy smell of home the way Skadi does.

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)
Sigurd is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #16
BjrK

Ethnicity: Swedish
Politics: Bringing science to politics
Religion: Philosophical Syncretism
BjrK has earned the respect of peers.

Nice to see it is back now, think I checked if the site was up and running around 4 times a day. I want to say thanks to the people working to get the site up, good work!

Myself I always hang out on Stormfront, got an infranction because I said finns, eastern russians and southern poles were around 5% asiatic, LOL! (i was even being kind only mentioning 5%)

Apparently I was "attacking other white people".

Alot of tough biased mods over at SF and alot of lowbrow posts otherwise a decent site.
BjrK is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BjrK For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, June 3rd, 2012   #17
Scott Wodenson

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: Germanic, Celtic
Subrace: Nordid
State: North Carolina
Politics: 1776
Religion: Germanic Heathen
Scott Wodenson has earned the respect of peers.

Thanks to those who worked diligently to get our community back up and running.
Scott Wodenson is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Wodenson For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 4th, 2012   #18
Aeternitas
Books won't stay banned, ideas won't go to jail
Þeudanaz
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Germanic
Subrace: Europid
Personality: INTJ (The Mastermind)
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Reason, Freedom, Justice
Religion: Truth, Greatness, Beauty
Aeternitas has disabled reputation

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent contributions in all sections; outstanding performance as a forum manager; indefatigable support of members, staff, and the administration. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EQ Fighter View Post
So what took it down in the first place?
The forum had a lot of database errors. We were not under any attack. As to what caused the errors, we are unsure at this point.
Aeternitas is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aeternitas For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 4th, 2012   #19
Balders gate

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: England,Germany, Finland
Subrace: Don't know
State: New York
Religion: natural law
Balders gate is noble of speech.Balders gate is noble of speech.

Well, I am very glad Skadi is back and let's hope it's back for good this time. With Skadi being down for the last 2 out of 3 weeks makes for a very depressing down time. It stinks that the last 2 weeks activity were erased from skadi history because of some computer crash. Last I remember, I responded to a very good thread on here and next thing the site just crashed. Of course when your getting 10 thank you's from ghost members with names like" so and so revenge factor" 2 minutes after you post does make you wonder what is going on.

With Skadi being down I was stuck watching Hatfield and McCoy's feudin all week long and just wondered when this site would ever come on again. Well I am glad Skadi's back because the feudin' is getting old.

I just want to thank the staff at skadi for doing a great job of getting the site back and up and running, you guys did a great job...

Last edited by Balders gate : Monday, June 4th, 2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Balders gate is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Balders gate For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, June 4th, 2012   #20
MCP3
Account Inactive

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germanic
State: Teutonic Order
Politics: GPWW
MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternitas View Post
Due to technical difficulties we have unfortunately lost the data from the last cca. 2 weeks. This includes both threads/posts and related but also new registrations. So if you registered an account on/after the 21st of May you will need to re-register. We are sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately there was no other way. Our host sat for days trying to fix the problem.

Also, we upgraded to 3.6.12 patch level 2 so some modifications like thread of the day won't work anymore. We may get back to this at a later time.

Thanks for our members' understanding and patience.

A.
Yeah, i realized that whole thread "Operation Fridericus" (aka Battle of Kharkov II ) is gone.

Thanks for posting the restore date.
MCP3 is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MCP3 For This Useful Post: