Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Members Pics?

Old Wednesday, August 24th, 2011   #1
Mattis

Ethnicity: Swedish
Mattis 's reputation has not travelled afar.

Members Pics?

How many posts do you have to make before you can see the thread with pics of members?
Mattis is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, August 24th, 2011   #2
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
Subrace: Borreby + Atlantonordoid
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Family: Engaged
Politics: Natural Order.
Religion: Odinist
Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
It depends, here's your answer according to our FAQ, you need to be a Regular to see the relevant section.

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)
Sigurd is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, August 25th, 2011   #3
Mattis

I can suddenly see the pics thread now, but instead some of my posts (~10 posts) have mysteriously disappeared. One of them from the What Would You Do for Your Race if You Were Rich? thread I had even received rep points for.
Old Thursday, August 25th, 2011   #4
Chlodovech
Administrator
Witenagemot

Ethnicity: Flemish
Ancestry: Frankish
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Religion: Roaming Catholic
Chlodovech has disabled reputation

Why are you so curious to see the faces of a bunch of people you don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattis
I can suddenly see the pics thread now, but instead some of my posts (~10 posts) have mysteriously disappeared
It's not mysterious.

If you write short posts without a significant message just to increase your post count then these will be deleted. It makes me wonder why you signed up.

Let me list those ten deleted posts of yours....

Thread subject: Have You Ever Been Attracted to Someone of Another Race?
Your contribution: NO never

Thread subject: Ugliest Language
Your contribution: All Asian languages I've heard are ugly.

Thread subject: Which Subrace Has The Best Looking Men/Women?
Your contribution: All are good looking except the East Baltics and the Armenoids.

Thread subject: What Would You Do for Your Race if You Were Rich?
Your contribution: I would pay for and send truckloads of the Pill to Africa.

Thread subject: At What Age Do You Think Peole Look Their Best?
Your contribution: It depends on the person but most look thier physically best before 30.

Thread subject: How Germanic is Finland?
Your contribution: I can say that at least by layman eyeballing the Estonians look much more European than the Finns.

Thread subject: How Germanic is Finland?
Your contribution: Spot-on mate They sure as hell don't look European.

Thread subject: Non-Germanic People That You Respect
Your contribution: I've always thought highly of the old Greco-Roman society and culture.

Thread subject: For the Men ... Would You Date a Former Race-Mixer?
Your contribution: No, never. I would never date someone who's been with a Bantu or a Chinese.

Thread subject: How Old Were You When You Became Interested in Germanic Preservation?.
Your contribution: When I was 25 I started to notice what was happening to Europe.

These replies are not serious. Don't forget you're new and therefore we expect lengthier and more relevant contributions from you.
"Northern beauty is not a beauty that is circumscribed and limited, but is rather boundless and endless… The finished form means too little to the Germanic imagination, it always has to be enlivened with the stimulus of movement… In all German architecture the rhythm of movement is the decisive element, not its 'beautiful proportion'." - Heinrich Wölfflin, The Art of Albrecht Dürer

"Admire as much as you can. Most people do not admire enough." - Vincent van Gogh
Chlodovech is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chlodovech For This Useful Post:
Old Friday, August 26th, 2011   #5
Mattis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
Why are you so curious to see the faces of a bunch of people you don't know?
I found it curious that I can see the thread when I have ~20 posts but not when I had over 30.

Quote:
It's not mysterious.

If you write short posts without a significant message just to increase your post count then these will be deleted. It makes me wonder why you signed up.

Let me list those ten deleted posts of yours....
All these posts are answers to questions from other members. Most of these ask for a "yes or no" reply or a short one, not a long essay. Like the questions Have You Ever Been Attracted to Someone of Another Race, Would You Date a Former Race-Mixer, At What Age Do You Think Peole Look Their Best, Non-Germanic People That You Respect and so on. I can't see the point in rambling on with long answers when there's no need for it. For instance if asked if I'm attracted to another race I thought a simple "No never" was enough.

Last edited by Chlodovech : Friday, August 26th, 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Full-quoting.
Old Friday, August 26th, 2011   #6
Chlodovech
Administrator
Witenagemot

Ethnicity: Flemish
Ancestry: Frankish
Politics: Folkish traditionalist
Religion: Roaming Catholic
Chlodovech has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattis View Post
I found it curious that I can see the thread when I have ~20 posts but not when I had over 30.
How can that be the case? You created this thread before ten of your posts were deleted. When you understood that you lost these posts you wrote 'I can suddenly see the pics thread now, but instead some of my posts (~10 posts) have mysteriously disappeared'. So the question remains: why do you want to see the faces of Skadites?

Quote:
All these posts are answers to questions from other members. Most of these ask for a "yes or no" reply or a short one, not a long essay.
I'm not sure whether these are simply are yes-or-no-questions, it's easy enough to expand on your yes or your no. In any event, some elaboration would be required. You can imagine that replying with 'yes' or 'no, never' is totally uninteresting for the rest of the membership and only creates the impression that you merely try to raise your post count.

Also, don't full-quote posts (like you did with mine), it's totally unnecessary and takes up a lot of space.
"Northern beauty is not a beauty that is circumscribed and limited, but is rather boundless and endless… The finished form means too little to the Germanic imagination, it always has to be enlivened with the stimulus of movement… In all German architecture the rhythm of movement is the decisive element, not its 'beautiful proportion'." - Heinrich Wölfflin, The Art of Albrecht Dürer

"Admire as much as you can. Most people do not admire enough." - Vincent van Gogh
Chlodovech is online now Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, August 31st, 2011   #7
Mattis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlodovech View Post
So the question remains: why do you want to see the faces of Skadites?
I understand now I should have used the words The regular's section instead to avoid misunderstandings. It was a matter of principles why I asked. I was under the impression that others with my number of posts had access to this section. But if it bothers you, please remove the Regulars section from my account. I'm not particulary interested in looking at pics. I'm not like the black guys who borrow only picture books when they go to the library.

Quote:
I'm not sure whether these are simply are yes-or-no-questions, it's easy enough to expand on your yes or your no. In any event, some elaboration would be required.
We men from the North are men of few words. We don't chit chat like the Latins do. But I will in the future only respond to threads where I see the use of using many words essential.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattis For This Useful Post: