Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Anthropological Taxonomy
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anthropological Taxonomy Forum dedicated exclusively to the taxonomic categorization of anthropological groups and individuals.

Classify this gentleman if you can

Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #1
Parzifal_

Ethnicity: Aryan
Ancestry: Caucasus
Subrace: Don't know
State: California
Politics: Still working on this...
Parzifal_ has earned the respect of peers.

Question Classify this gentleman if you can

Here is a test for all you physical anthropology officionados and wannabees. Lets see what a simple photograph can tell you with no other information. Is he Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Arab...? Is he dolicocephalic (to use Coon's vernacular), Dinaric (whatever that means). Give me your best shot.
Parzifal_ is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #2
Evolved
Account Disabled on Request

Ethnicity: Dutch
Subrace: Alpinid
State: Lappland
Family: Married
Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.

You can't tell if he's dolicocephalic or not because it is not a profile pic. And he's smiling, so his features are distorted. He doesn't look Dinaric or like any Spaniards I've seen. He looks Armenoid/Med.

I'm not going to guess ethnicity because he's probably "100% [insert unlikely European country name here]".
Evolved is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #3
Parzifal_

Post More pictures

These are more pictures of the same gentleman. Yes he does look quite different in both pictures but I thought it might help you venture a guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygoeth33
You can't tell if he's dolicocephalic or not because it is not a profile pic. And he's smiling, so his features are distorted. He doesn't look Dinaric or like any Spaniards I've seen. He looks Armenoid/Med.

I'm not going to guess ethnicity because he's probably "100% [insert unlikely European country name here]".
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #4
Evolved

Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.

Yeah, he's brachycephalic and some might look at that with his sloping forehead and automatically classify him as "Dinaric." I think he's a Mediterranean who has been "Dinaricized" via Armenoid, but I don't think he looks like a European Dinaric type that you'd see in Southeast Hungary for example.

I like the shape of his head. He's kind of cute.
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #5
Parzifal_

I'm new to this parlance. What exactly does "a Mediterranean who has been "Dinaricized" via Armenoid, but I don't think he looks like a European Dinaric type that you'd see in Southeast Hungary for example." mean? Are "Dinarics" Caucasian or European? Where would you say he is from if you ran into him in the street?

Quote:
Yeah, he's brachycephalic and some might look at that with his sloping forehead and automatically classify him as "Dinaric." I think he's a Mediterranean who has been "Dinaricized" via Armenoid, but I don't think he looks like a European Dinaric type that you'd see in Southeast Hungary for example.

I like the shape of his head. He's kind of cute.
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #6
Evolved

Dinarics are Caucasian and European.

I've heard 2 theories on Dinarics:
  • They are a blend of Med - Alpine - Nordic
  • They are Neolithic - Armenoid

Armenoids are Alpinized Irano-Afghans.

Here are my guesses:

If he's European he's likely from somewhere in Southeast Europe where people of Iranic descent settled. If he's Central European, he could be an Avar descendant. If he's Hungarian he could be a Jász. But he could be from any Mediterranean country. He could be Palestinian.

Those are my best theories. So, what is he, a pure blooded Scot?
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #7
Awar

Subrace: Corded/Balkanoid UP
Politics: Nutzi
Religion: Agnostic!!!
Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.

I've heard thatDinarics are a stabilized blend of 2/3 Med and 1/3 Alpine... of course, we're speaking about tall Meds, because Dinarics are very tall on average.
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #8
Loki
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Germanic
Subrace: Vril-ya
State: Essex
Politics: Putinism
Religion: Atheistic Skeptic
Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

Quote:
If he's Hungarian he could be a Jász.
Interesting link. I have been to the Jász region in Hungary, still centred around Jászbereny. I don't think they are dark at all... Most people I have seen there, have been fairish skinned (although maybe with an olive tinge), quite brachycephalic and light eyed. Not even much of a deviation from the regular ethnic Magyars... The Jász have been fully assimilated (racially) into the host Magyar population, although many of them are still proud bearers of their unique culture. I think they are somewhat Turanicized, according to my observation - perhaps more so than the average Magyar.
Loki is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #9
Dienekes_Pontikos

Subrace: Southern Europoid
Politics: Hellenic Patriotism
Religion: Orthodox Christian
Dienekes_Pontikos is noble of speech.Dienekes_Pontikos is noble of speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1
Here is a test for all you physical anthropology officionados and wannabees. Lets see what a simple photograph can tell you with no other information. Is he Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Arab...? Is he dolicocephalic (to use Coon's vernacular), Dinaric (whatever that means). Give me your best shot.
Out of that list, my first guess is French, second guess Spanish, third guess Italian.
Dienekes_Pontikos is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Thursday, October 16th, 2003   #10
Loki
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Germanic
Subrace: Vril-ya
State: Essex
Politics: Putinism
Religion: Atheistic Skeptic
Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.Loki 's wisdom is sought by the gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes_Pontikos
Out of that list, my first guess is French, second guess Spanish, third guess Italian.
He looks too dark for an average Frenchman to me... but if from France, he would be from the extreme south - Marseilles area, a more heterogenous Mediterranean complex.
Loki is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote