Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Sports, Leisure & Hobbies
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sports, Leisure & Hobbies Discussion of leisure, sports, travel, pastimes, play, rest, entertainment, amusement, diversion, fun, recreation, relaxation, hobbies, and the like.

View Poll Results: What is your favourite season?
Spring 11 20.37%
Summer 10 18.52%
Autumn 24 44.44%
Winter 28 51.85%
undecided / love them all the same 3 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What Is Your Favorite Season?

Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2004   #1
Freja

Ethnicity: Norwegian
Ancestry: Norway
Subrace: Nordid
State: Vastergotland
Politics: Green
Freja is noble of speech.Freja is noble of speech.

Your favourite season?

I simply love autumn, with all it´s colours, violent rainstorms, cool and crisp air.
Autumn brings a kind of peace that summer lacks, I love spending time alone in the forest, really getting in touch with the wild & natural part of me... 1:

Summer is too crowded, too loud, and too hot. I hate getting sweaty, and I´m definitely one for wasting time sunbathing.
I love spring too, with everything waking to life, all the smells of newly cut grass and plowed fields.
Winter tends to be a little bit too cold up here, and I can´t train my horses on frozen and uneven ground (Santa baby, an indoor manege with lights, please - I´ve been an awful good girl...). But of course, there´s always the prospect of hot chocolate after-ski. :

What is your favourite time of year?
Freja is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2004   #2
Evolved
Account Disabled on Request

Ethnicity: Dutch
Subrace: Alpinid
State: Lappland
Family: Married
Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.

Autumn and Spring, Winter. I hate the summer.. :icon_arro
Evolved is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2004   #3
Zyklop
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Subrace: Chrom-Mangan
Religion: non-religious
Zyklop has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freja
I simply love autumn, with all it´s colours, violent rainstorms, cool and crisp air.
Autumn brings a kind of peace that summer lacks, I love spending time alone in the forest, really getting in touch with the wild & natural part of me... 1:

Summer is too crowded, too loud, and too hot. I hate getting sweaty, and I´m definitely one for wasting time sunbathing.
I love spring too, with everything waking to life, all the smells of newly cut grass and plowed fields.
Winter tends to be a little bit too cold up here, and I can´t train my horses on frozen and uneven ground (Santa baby, an indoor manege with lights, please - I´ve been an awful good girl...). But of course, there´s always the prospect of hot chocolate after-ski. :

What is your favourite time of year?
I also like autumn the most. I don´t know much about the climate in Skandinavia but here in southern Germany we get heavy fog at the time of October/November/Dezember. I´m living near a moor so the fog and the atmosphere which comes along is even increased. I also like the cold fresh air.
Not only wandering in free nature but also walking through medieval city centers is much more impressive during autumn. Apart from driving car, winter is great too. Nothing more "romantic" than wandering with your girlfriend for hours through knee-deep snow in the forest and coming home to a cup of mulled wine

Zyklop is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2004   #4
Perun

I honestly have to say Winter and Spring. Winter because life seems to go at a slower pase and plus my birthday is in Winter. Spring because theres much you can do outside without it being as hot as summer.
Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, October 5th, 2004   #5
Rachel

Subrace: North Atlantid
Rachel shows some promise.

I love the mornings where the fog has just rolled in and there is a faint sprinkle of rain. Nothing is more relaxing than going for a long hike in the woods on such a day. However winter is by far my favorite season.
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2004   #6
Hersir_Hasteinn

Hersir_Hasteinn 's reputation has not travelled afar.

I like winter. It just has that certain touch to it.

I don't really care for summer. Too hot, too stuffy, and I burn way too easily. Sometimes there's also just too many people.
Hersir_Hasteinn is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2004   #7
Shaun

Subrace: Nordid
Family: Single
Politics: Capitalist
Religion: Agnostic
Shaun shows some promise.

I prefer Winter the best. Since I was young, I've been slightly obsessed with snow. I find it to be a very traditional/family time.

Summer is nice, as I love to look at the stars at night. Unfortunately, at times I have health problems during the day: I have difficulty breathing warm air. The colder, the better health I'm in.

Spring is too wet for my tastes. It just rains here during the rain. Rain is nice, but after awhile misquitos appear. I hate insects.

Autumn is nice. It really does seem to have the nice parts of Summer and Winter. I still prefer my beloved Winter.
Shaun is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2004   #8
cosmocreator

Subrace: Other
Politics: Living in the real world
cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.

Autumn is my favorite. Mostly coniferous forests where I live so I don't get to see the changing of the colors as much as I did in Quebec and Ontario. Really cold winters are good because it keeps the negroes and pakis indoors so it appears like there are less of them. But in late spring when it gets warm, they are out like insects.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/
cosmocreator is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, October 6th, 2004   #9
Northern Paladin
Account Inactive

Subrace: Atlantid
Family: Single
Religion: Protestant
Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.

Winter and Autumn are my favorite seasons. Winter because I like snow and snowboarding/skiing. Autumn because of the cool weather and color of the leaves.
Northern Paladin is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Friday, October 8th, 2004   #10
Bodewin

Bodewin 's reputation has not travelled afar.

I favour Spring and Autumn. I think, because both seasons are of such a power to the imagination and happen to fill the air with so many wonderful scents and aromas.

Some pictures and paintings to celebrate the Autumnal season:

http://www.bosh-alltogether.com/Subj...tes/Autumn.JPG
http://www.stoweartgallery.com/jones...20solitude.jpg
http://www.artunframed.com/images/gr...mn_Morning.jpg
http://www.northernphotography.com/A...umn_Leaves.jpg
http://www.mountwashington.com/pictu...-auto-road.jpg
Bodewin is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote