Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Fashion & Beauty
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fashion & Beauty Forum dedicated to topics covering fashion & beauty. Discuss your favorite designers, styles & trends and share useful tips & tricks. Debate aspects of health related to beauty & fashion.

View Poll Results: Do you think tattoos are aesthetical?
I think it looks good on both men and women. 4 30.77%
I don’t think it looks good on either gender. 4 30.77%
I think it looks good on men but not on women. 0 0%
I think it looks good on women but not on men. 0 0%
Other(please elaborate) 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #1
TisaAnne
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.TisaAnne is considered wise by the elders.

Post Are Tattoos Aesthetical? What is Your Opinion?

Do you find that tattoos, whether it's just a little butterfly or full-blown sleeves, to be attractive or utterly skankish? If you do find them to be appealing, when does it start to become too much? Or, if you find them repulsive, tell us why.

Without asking, or warning, she snatches us up into her circling dance, and whirls us on until we are tired, and drop from her arms." - Goethe

Last edited by TisaAnne : Monday, May 24th, 2004 at 10:22 AM.
TisaAnne is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #2
Evolved
Account Disabled on Request

Ethnicity: Dutch
Subrace: Alpinid
State: Lappland
Family: Married
Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.Evolved 's wisdom is legendary.

Post Re: Women with tattoos: Sexy or Slutty?

Generally speaking, I think tattoos also look trashy on males but especially females. Unlike something like natural-looking makeup, a nice hairstyle, figure flattering clothes - tattoos do not enhance a woman's beauty at all, they just detract from it.

I think that is why I see a lot of very ugly and fat girls have their bodies plastered with tattoos, multiple body piercings, and wear weird hairstyles. They figure "If I can't draw attention to myself by being attractive I might as well try and be interesting." This is also similar to the logic of obese women who wear slutty clothes.

Tattoos are a very conventional and now boring way for people to showcase their personality and individuality without any effort on their part. When I see someone trying too hard to create a bizarre appearance, I think they are obsessed with presenting themselves in an extreme way and likely don't have much to offer as far as their personality is concerned.

But if you mean girly girls with butterflies tattooed on their ankles - it is played out, boring and conventional. A big yawn.
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #3
Marius

Subrace: Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
Politics: Conservative Christian
Religion: Uniate, Greek-Catholic
Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Sorry, it's me who I said no.

I cannot say I have a very well-formed and motivated opinion on why I am against tattoos on women. Well, if you really like to know my opinion is that I find it too provocative for others or at least, if it is on "hidden" parts of th body, then I am a bit jealous on the guy who did the tattoo, especially if it would be the case for my girlfriend.
Marius is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #4
Thorburn
Freethinker
Witenagemot
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Germanic
Subrace: Europid
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Reason, Freedom, Justice
Religion: Truth, Greatness, Beauty
Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Outstanding performance as forum sustainer and technician. Excellent contributions in all forum areas. The soul of Skadi Forum, without whom we would not be here today. 
Post AW: Re: Women with tattoos: Sexy or Slutty?

Some feminine tattoos can add to attraction, but in general less is more.
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #5
Awar

Subrace: Corded/Balkanoid UP
Politics: Nutzi
Religion: Agnostic!!!
Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.

Women look good without tattoos. It's really a fad that's outstayed it's welcome, and I really feel a bit disappointed when I see some pretty girl with a tattoo.
It's like the statement of that tattoo is: "look at me, I'm an attention whore!", "I succumb to every fad there is!"...
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #6
Marius

Subrace: Cro-Magnid/Dinarid
Politics: Conservative Christian
Religion: Uniate, Greek-Catholic
Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Marius 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Aren't you too tough on tattooed women, Awar?
Marius is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #7
Phill

Subrace: Nordid
Politics: I don't really have one.
Religion: Metalhead.
Phill is noble of speech.Phill is noble of speech.

I said "Not - Women look good enough without drawings all over their body," because... well, first off, it's true. Secondly, I highly dislike the more common ones, such as butterflies in any place, and also ones near the lower back that show off along with their newest g-string.

EDIT: But don't think I'm too extremist here. I just don't like how everyone my age is like, "Let's go get a tattoo! It's so cool!" but when they're presented with the idea of whether they want it anymore or not, they're just like, "Oh, i can just get it removed later!"

Why even bother then?
Phill is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #8
Dragoner

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: German
State: Bavaria
Politics: Conservative
Religion: Atheist
Dragoner is noble of speech.Dragoner is noble of speech.

Post AW: Women with tattoos: Sexy or Slutty?

If the tatoo looks nice and size the carrier i like it. But 1 tatoo on the upper arm is normally enough. If a women have too much tatoos i think it is too manhishly.

I have voted for 1
Dragoner is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #9
Zyklop
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Subrace: Chrom-Mangan
Religion: non-religious
Zyklop has disabled reputation

Post AW: Women with tattoos: Sexy or Slutty?

Voted three. Usually it´s either a tribal above the ass or a rose (butterfly, dolphin) on the shoulder. The big drama begins when a girl discovers her unique image is also tattooed on every third girl on the beach or in the disco. It´s like wearing the same dresses - for a lifetime.

An ugly sight are girls who ignored the possibility of later pregnancy and got their stomaches tattooed. Stretch marks across a tattoo aren´t that pretty

Zyklop is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, May 24th, 2004   #10
Awar

Subrace: Corded/Balkanoid UP
Politics: Nutzi
Religion: Agnostic!!!
Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.Awar 's wisdom is legendary.

Wink Re: AW: Women with tattoos: Sexy or Slutty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyklop
An ugly sight are girls who ignored the possibility of later pregnancy and got their stomaches tattooed. Stretch marks across a tattoo aren´t that pretty
Two of my female colleagues had tattoos done on their stomach, and both got pregnant soon... after the pregnancy, the tattoo that represented two thunders turned into a tattoo of two breads.

( btw. makes you wonder if those tattoos improved their fertility )