Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Literature & Book Reviews
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Literature & Book Reviews Explore Germanic literature from the earliest known examples through the medieval, Renaissance, romantic, Victorian, and modern eras.

Quotes, Poems and Different Statements

Old Thursday, January 16th, 2003   #1
julie

Quotes, Poems and Different Statements

"When the day comes, we will not ask whether you swung to the right or whether you swung to the left; we will simply swing you by the neck." - Dr. William Pierce
Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday, January 21st, 2003   #2
Johnson

Post Your favorite quotes !

Pat Buchanan:

"Adolf Hitler was an individual of great courage... Hitler's success was not based on his extraordinary gifts alone. His genius was an intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood in his path."

"Martin Luther King was a fraud and a demagogue and perhaps worse... Others consider him the Devil incarnate. Dr. King is one of the most divisive men in contemporary history."

"Rail as they will about 'discrimination,' women are simply not endowed by nature with the same measures of single-minded ambition and the will to succeed in the fiercely competitive world of Western capitalism."

Ezra Pound:

"Usury is the cancer of the world, which only the surgeon's knife of Fascism can cut out of the life of the nation."

"Real education must ultimately be limited to men who insist on knowing, the rest is mere sheep-herding".

George Washington

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington.

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.

"Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government."

"I have always given it as my decided opinion that no nation has a right to intermeddle in the internal concerns of another; that every one has a right to form and adopt whatever government they liked best to live under themselves; and that if this country could, consistently with its engagements, maintain a strict neutrality and thereby preserve peace, it was bound to do so by motives of policy, interest, and every other consideration."

Oswald Mosley

"There are periods in history when change is necessary, and other periods when it is better to keep everything for the time as it is. The art of life is to be in the rhythm of your age."

Great men of action . . . never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are. A prophet or an achiever must never mind an occasional absurdity, it is an occupational risk.

Ideas in a void have never appealed to me; action must follow thought or political life is meaningless.

Julius Caesar

"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword.

It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry.

Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know?

For this is what I have done.

And I am Caesar."

Franz Kafka

"Anyone who cannot come to terms with his life while he is alive needs one hand to ward off a little his despair over his fate . . . but with his other hand he can note down what he sees among the ruins."

"Every revolution evaporates and leaves only the slime of
a new bureaucracy"

"The tremendous world I have inside my head. But how [to] free myself and free it without being torn to pieces. And a thousand times [I'd] rather be torn to pieces than rather it in me or bury it. That, indeed, is why I am here, that is quite clear to me."

"Love is like a knife with which we explore
ourselves."

"Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

"If I write not what I speak,
I speak not what I think,
I think not what I ought to
so my writing comes from
the deepest darkness."

"I need solitude for my writing; not like a hermit
- that wouldn't be enough
- but like a dead man."

"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us...We need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us."

"If I felt in love,
I would be in a world
in which I could
not live."
Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, January 14th, 2004   #3
Jack

Ethnicity: Anglo-Celt Australian
Subrace: Keltic Nordic
State: Victoria
Family: Married
Politics: Aristotelian Nationalist
Religion: Roman Catholic
Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.Jack 's judgement is sought by kings.

Post Favourite/Great quotes

"Every man knows who you appear to be, very few know who you really are." - Machievelli.

"Without a revolutionary theory there can be no revolutionary movement"- Lenin

"All men dream,
But not equally.
Those who dream at night
In the dusk recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity.

But the dreamers of the day
Are dangerous men
For they may act their dream,
With open eyes,
To make it possible"
- TE Lawrence.

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde

“The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools can be right sometimes” - Winston Churchill

"Life is action" - Francis Parker Yockey

“You have to know, not fear, that some day you are going to die. Until you know that, and embrace that, you are useless” - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

He who controls the streets controls the politics" - Adolf Hitler
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream at night, in the dusky recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams, with open eyes, to make it possible.
Jack is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, January 14th, 2004   #4
Milesian
Sideways to the Sun
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Subrace: Atlantid
Politics: Anti-Neophilia
Religion: Traditional Catholicism
Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.

Wink Re: Favourite/Great quotes

It is neither the innovators nor the revolutionaires, but the traditionalists who are the true friends of the people ~ Pope St Pius X
Milesian is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, January 14th, 2004   #5
Taras Bulba

Ethnicity: Slavic
Subrace: Uralic/Alpine/Pontid mixed
Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.Taras Bulba 's wisdom is legendary.

Post Re: Favourite/Great quotes

"It is certain that the greatest marvels of virtue have been produced by love for the fatherland." -Rousseau "Discourse on Political Economy" 1755

"Though all under heaven be at peace, if the arts of war be forgotten there is peril." -Chinese proverb

"Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing, and dancing, sooner than of war." -Homer

"We find the most terrible form of atheism, not in the militant and passionate struggle against the idea of God himself, but in the practical atheism of everyday living, in indifference and torpor. We often encounter these forms of atheism among those who are formally Christians." - Nikolai Berdyaev

"Understand me: a voluntary, totally, conscious sacrifice of oneself in the interest of all, made under no sort of compulsion. is in my opinion a sign of highest development of the personality. Voluntarily to sacrifice one's life for all, to die on the cross or at the stake, is possible only with the very strongest development of the personality." -Fydor Dostovesky

"Martial glory is the basis of the political virtues." - Heinrich von Treitschke

"A little philosophy inclienth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion." - Francis Bacon "Of Atheism" 1625

"Lack of respect for one's ancestors is the first sign of barbarism and immorality." - Alexander Pushkin

"The only people who will no longer see war are the dead." - Plato

"Those who forget warfare will inevitable be endangered." - Tai Kung
Taras Bulba is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, January 17th, 2004   #6
Phlegethon

Phlegethon 's reputation has not travelled afar.

The genius differs from us men in being able to endure isolation, his rank as a genius is proportionate to his strength for enduring isolation, whereas we men are constantly in need of "the others," the herd; we die, or despair, if we are not reassured by being in the herd, of the same opinion as the herd.

- Sören Kierkegaard

Society is a republic. When an individual endeavors to lift himself above his fellows, he is dragged down by the mass, either by means of ridicule or of calumny. No one shall be more virtuous or more intellectually gifted than others. Whoever, by the irresistable force of genius, rises above the common herd is certain to be ostracized by society, which will pursue him with such merciless derision and detraction that at last he will be compelled to retreat into the solitude of his thoughts.

- Heinrich Heine
and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)
Phlegethon is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, January 17th, 2004   #7
Phlegethon

Phlegethon 's reputation has not travelled afar.

In the sphere of thought, absurdity and perversity remain the
masters of the world, and their dominion is suspended only for brief
periods.

- Arthur Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena, On the Wisdom of Life, Aphorisms

Hatred is an affair of the heart: contempt that of the head.

- Arthur Schopenhauer, Parerga and Paralipomena, Vol.2, Ch. 26, Section 324
and my heart dreams and longs to die.

- Nikolaus Lenau (1802-1850)

Real misanthropes are not found in solitude, but in the world; since it is experience of life, and not philosophy, which produces real hatred of mankind.

- Giacomo Leopardi (1798-1837)
Phlegethon is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, January 18th, 2004   #8
Laedifox

Ethnicity: Scottish
Ancestry: Scottish, Irish, French Canadian
Subrace: Nordid
State: Quebec
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Centre-left, Euro-Nationalist
Religion: Christian
Laedifox 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Laedifox 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Laedifox 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Laedifox 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Laedifox 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

To know what is right and not to do it is the worst cowardice.
- Confucius

Be not simply good; be good for something.
-Henry David Thorsborne

Any pleasure that refreshes you without diminishing you, distracting you, or sidetracking you from the ultimate goal is a legitimate pleasure.
-Ravi Zacharias

-------
http://laedifox.tripod.com/signature
Alex Grey, "Theologue"
Laedifox is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, January 19th, 2004   #9
Sigrun Christianson
None
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Subrace: Other
Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.Sigrun Christianson is considered wise by the elders.

Your daughter is old enough to do what she pleases … she likes to fuck, loves to fuck … she was born to fuck, and … if you do not wish to be fucked yourself, the best thing for you to do is to let her do what she wants. -Marquis de Sade

Sigrun Christianson is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Monday, January 19th, 2004   #10
Scáthach

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Subrace: Nordid
Politics: Irish Nationalist
Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.Scáthach is considered wise by the elders.

More de Sade fans....splendid!