Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Am I Banned?

Old Monday, November 15th, 2010   #11
wittwer

Ethnicity: Anglo-American
Ancestry: English, Irish, German, Swiss, Austrian
State: Illinois
Family: Single adult
Politics: Pragmatic Pluralist
Religion: Christian Deist, Lutheran
wittwer is noble of speech.wittwer is noble of speech.

Banning

I always thought, that "banning" was a disciplinary action brought against those who violated the guidelines of the site. Not an action against the "blood" of those who arent' "pure" enough. I doubt if anyone can prove that their "blood" is of the "purest" nature. Whether they be European or American...

As it stands, I wouldn't worry about it. Germanics is a cultural thing, not a "pure blood" thing. Remember, it's all about the Leitkultur, not the "Neo-Nazi Aryanism" of the recent past.
wittwer is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wittwer For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, November 15th, 2010   #12
Thusnelda
Lost in Melancholia
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Bavarian tribe
Ancestry: Bavarian
Subrace: Nordid-Borreby
State: Bavaria
Politics: Regionalist-conservative
Religion: Ásatrú/Forn Siðr
Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.Thusnelda is a deity.

1/16 Slavic ancestry is no reason to leave the board or to feel substandard in any way. And I´m not even sure your great-great-grandfather was Polish. Do you know about the history of former Prussian territories in nowadays Poland? Germans by ethnicity and culture were the majority there until they were expelled after the second world war. And if your great-great-grandfather was German enough to be an officer within the Prussian military, you´re Germanic enough for our board with ease.

"Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Thusnelda is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Thusnelda For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #13
Ediruc

Ethnicity: German-American
Ancestry: German-American and proud
Subrace: Alpinid-Nordid
State: Colorado
Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.Ediruc is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
fellow Americans will find something non-Germanic some far time back somewhere in the woodpile without detracting from their overall Germanic identification and demeanor. You might have found yourself having difficulties joining the SS-VT, but that's about it.
Sigurd, thanks.

Somewhere down my family tree is an Irishwoman; but, of course I don't let that tiny bit of heritage entirely destroy my Germanic preservationist position, and substitute it with Celtic preservationist thought.

I would definitely be begging you guys to give me the boot if that were to ever happen
Ediruc is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ediruc For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #14
Out of Germania
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.Out of Germania is a deity.

I think you're still Germanic. In Eastern Germany there are Germans who have a small amount of Slavic ancestry and some Slavic surnames, but they're still German. It would be ridiculous however to count yourself as a Slav with so little ancestry and practically no heritage, because I assume no Polish customs or language were passed down to you. So you can't claim to be Slavic. That's if you have Slavic ancestry to begin with. It sounds more like your ancestor was an ethnic German and he could have been bilingual, like it was the case with many ethnic Germans in Eastern/Slavic Europe. So if he spoke Polish it doesn't necessarily meant he didn't speak German also.

Anyhow the question is now if how you're going to treat this new discovery. I hope you're not going to begin justifying all Germano-Slavic mixing and parading 'hot' Polish women as good mixing material, because they're better than Negroes, after all. Mixed people tend to go down that path. There used to be a part Italian guy here with an obsession for Southern 'beauties'. Just realize that 1/16 is little compared to your rest, especially if your rest fully belongs to only one ethnicity. You are less mixed than many other of your countrymen. But assuming you are indeed 1/16 Slavic, it doesn't mean it's ideal. However it doesn't make you non-Germanic but it doesn't mean either that it's acceptable for Germans to mix with Slavs. You aren't responsible for the mixing, if it happened in your family. But you have a say, not to mix with a Polish woman yourself. It's up to you if you're going to continue counting yourself as Germanic or you'll make room for a new Slavo-Germanic identity, or rather pseudo-identity since you're not acquainted with Slavic identity.

Do you speak German, by the way? Has any German heritage been passed down by your family?
Out of Germania is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Out of Germania For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #15
The Aesthete

Ethnicity: Anglo-Australian
Politics: Nordish Preservationist
The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.The Aesthete is considered wise by the elders.

Racial identity is far more important to me than cultural

Many Nordish folk amongst Poles but less than the Germanic countries like Sweden, Germany and England etc, especially central types like the Hallstatt Nordid.

However there are also quite a few Poles who aren’t Nordish

So they should generally not mix, because it would racially damage Germanics.

Personally I don’t mind the Poles they are smarter with their immigration policy than my country.

As said certain parts of Poland were parts of Germany which lost territory after the world wars. So your grandparent may in fact be German.

If you posted a picture of your grandparent and he was Hallstatt I don’t think you would hear much, but if he was Ladogan a totally different story

Anyway you are more Germanic than other
The Aesthete is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Aesthete For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #16
Sissi
Funding Member
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Austrian-German
Ancestry: Viennese
State: Vienna
Politics: Nationalist-libertarian
Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.Sissi is considered wise by the elders.

I think before thinking of yourself as Slavic and questioning your place in the Germanic cause, you should remember that genealogy isn't an accurate science. Do more research to find more details about your greatgreatgrandfather if possible, before jumping to conclusions.

I think there should be room in our cause for people who grew up thinking of themselves as Germanic, "fought for" the Germanic cause, but found out later they had other European ancestry. Their identity is Germanic and they shouldn't be blamed for something they didn't know or was hidden from them. But of course provided they wish to stay Germanic. It's normal if you develop a bit of identity crisis and questioning right now, but after a while things should become stabilized and I think your identity should be clear to you again.

No offense meant to Americans, but I think many of you act too superficially in what regards culture. A Polish greatgreatgrandfather and his genes doesn't make one Polish. A Faelid phenotype doesn't make one German. There is more to European national identities than that. Of course the genes and the race are essential components too, but without culture, different European nations wouldn't exist to the degree they do. You can find Faelid phenotypes in Poland, too, and you can find East or West Baltic phenotypes in Germany. But if you swapped the two, if the Faelid Pole were to move to Germany the next day, the Germans would see a difference.
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #17
theTasmanian

Ethnicity: Prussian X Anglo/Celt
State: Tasmania
Politics: not the Greens
Religion: Pagan
theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Have you had a DNA test?

As far as i know my Grand father was a Prussian born in Prussia under Prussian/German rule and he said his mother was German but considering we cant even find records(Polish or German so far) of him we don't really know.....i might have some for of Baltic(old Prussian)/Slavic to me But my Grand mother and Grand father where both very strict in teaching us German "ways" even if we live in Australia

my mother side are Anglo-Celt so i still have a goodly part of Germanic'ness ( ) from that side if nothing else

You decide where you sit but you will not be a hypocrite if you choose the "right" side
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #18
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
Subrace: Borreby + Atlantonordoid
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Natural Order.
Religion: Odinist
Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTasmanian View Post
Have you had a DNA test?
A DNA test will have a difficulty establishing what is a Polonised German and what is a Germanised Pole.

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)
Sigurd is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #19
theTasmanian

Ethnicity: Prussian X Anglo/Celt
State: Tasmania
Politics: not the Greens
Religion: Pagan
theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.theTasmanian 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
A DNA test will have a difficulty establishing what is a Polonised German and what is a Germanised Pole.
True and a good point but it will show if there is any Pole there....or IF it was Baltic(old Prussian or Lithuanian)

But again its which side he bats for and as he is here and the majority is Germanic he's fine
Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #20
Fyrgenholt

Ethnicity: English
Ancestry: Isles
Subrace: Pred. Atlantid
State: Lancashire
Fyrgenholt is noble of speech.Fyrgenholt is noble of speech.

If it makes you feel any better, Slavic paganism is quite interesting

The mass majority of your ancestry is German and that should be sufficient. Regardless of that, though, I would understand you to be American or a German American rather than a German in the ethno-nationalistic sense, but that should speak for itself and stands regardless of Slavic ancestry. There's nothing wrong with being American.
Fyrgenholt is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrgenholt For This Useful Post: