Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Am I Banned?

Old Tuesday, November 16th, 2010   #21
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Bavarii, Saxones, Suebi, Alamanni
Subrace: Borreby + Atlantonordoid
Zodiac Sign: Libra
Family: In a steady relationship
Politics: Natural Order.
Religion: Odinist
Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theTasmanian View Post
True and a good point but it will show if there is any Pole there....or IF it was Baltic(old Prussian or Lithuanian)
1. Haplotype testing cannot clearly reveal this as much in non-isolated populations, current haplotypes were created before the ethnogenesis of the respective Northwestern-IE branches.

2. Haplotype testing finds out the make-up of one given ancestor that put their mark on you. For yDNA that's your father's father's father's father's + add potentially 200 generations. Notice the thread on Hitler's haplogroup and the sensationalist uproar they make from it.

(Heimdalls Wacht, In kalte Schatten versunken, stanzas 4-6)
Sigurd is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #22
Thorburn
Freethinker
Witenagemot
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: Germanic
Subrace: Europid
Politics: Reason, Freedom, Justice
Religion: Truth, Greatness, Beauty
Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.Thorburn is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Outstanding performance as forum sustainer and technician. Excellent contributions in all forum areas. The soul of Skadi Forum, without whom we would not be here today. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadski View Post
I have always considered myself more German then American and really don't identify with the American people or culture, I yearn to return to my fatherland and serve in the GJ.
Serving voluntarily in the army of the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG) is the wrong way for any German, no matter from where he hails, to express his patriotism. The FRG is a hostile de facto regime created by Germany's enemies after WW2 in direct violation of international law and illegally usurps parts of the territory of the German Reich. One of the declared purposes of its army is to defend the basic law, the inner status quo and the mere existence of the FRG itself. Like no other institutions, the FRG bundeswehr and its subdivisions represent the subjugation of the German people by its enemies through brute force.
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #23
Northern Paladin
Account Inactive

Subrace: Atlantid
Family: Single
Religion: Protestant
Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.Northern Paladin is a sage.

I don't think most true Slavs are to Germanics what Capoid people are to negroes (simmilar in apperance - supefficially, but of a completely different race), therefore you should be okay, unless you can prove that your g-grandparent was an armenoid/mongoloid/mediterranid mongrel slav.
Northern Paladin is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #24
MCP3
Account Inactive

Ancestry: Germanic
State: Teutonic Order
Politics: GPWW
MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.

Quote:
No, he spoke Polish, I am pretty certain of that. Well I have never imagined myself as Slavic, I have quite fair skin along with traditional Faelid features of a strong Germanic build. Well my other 15/16th is German, as my mother's family moved to Switzerland and then the USA, so we all came from Prussia. I have always considered myself more German then American and really don't identify with the American people or culture, I yearn to return to my fatherland and serve in the GJ.
You are what you want to be, thus either German or Polish.
All European Nations are mixed, there is no question about that.
But each is composed of a different mixture.
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t750845/#post8617521

The Germans for example are a mix of Germanic tribes, with Dinaric (Roman descendants) elements in the South, Slavic/Wends in the East.
MCP3 is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCP3 For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #25
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.Sigurd is a deity.

Skadi Award: Being the most prestigious award on Skadi Forum, the Skadi Award is bestowed upon those who, being outstanding contributors of particular importance, have been long standing supporters of Skadi Forum and its community, in good and in bad times. - Issue reason: Excellent, original and thought-provoking contributions over a period of several years; outstanding performance as a moderator and active participation in the Staff Forum; repeated defense of Skadi and its staff on Skadi Forum and on other sites. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPThree View Post
The Germans for example are a mix of Germanic tribes, with Dinaric (Roman descendants) elements in the South, Slavic/Wends in the East.
How Dinarids happened is disputed, some - myself included - hold that it and Alpinisation are merely a process than can happen to any population to a varying extent; I have known Norwegians with decided Dinarid influence, and it'd be difficult to explain that one away with admixture.

Other than this --- almost unmixed Dinarids here happen only in the back valleys, where Romans felt fairly uncomfortable settling. So you'd basically have to link that to (later culturally and linguistically Romanised) pre-Roman survivors - since the Celts were more plain-dwellers than anything as well, it only leaves the pre-Roman, pre-Celtic, pre-Germanic East-Alpine Indo-Europeans.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post:
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #26
MCP3
Account Inactive

Ancestry: Germanic
State: Teutonic Order
Politics: GPWW
MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.MCP3 is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
How Dinarids happened is disputed, some - myself included - hold that it and Alpinisation are merely a process than can happen to any population to a varying extent; I have known Norwegians with decided Dinarid influence, and it'd be difficult to explain that one away with admixture.

Other than this --- almost unmixed Dinarids here happen only in the back valleys, where Romans felt fairly uncomfortable settling. So you'd basically have to link that to (later culturally and linguistically Romanised) pre-Roman survivors - since the Celts were more plain-dwellers than anything as well, it only leaves the pre-Roman, pre-Celtic, pre-Germanic East-Alpine Indo-Europeans.
My point is to show that genetic composition is not all, but language and culture add a lot. And the German Culture/Language is still dominant in the "Higher World" of Classic Arts, Music. Even in the US over 50% of all Church music was created by German composers.

So who were the least, and who were the most fanatical Nazis?
Out of memory: The highest NSDAP membership rate with 35% of the registered voters was in the Sudetengau, the second most "pro-NS" Gau was Ostpreussen with still over 22% membership rate. The least fanatical Nazis were in the Western Gaus, Cologne-Aachen was lowest with only 8% membership. What i am going to say is, that 2 highly intermixed with Slavs (East-Prussia= 800.000 Masurs, also Kashubs, as well as descendants of Teutonic Knights and many Calvinists from the NL, and Huguenots that found shelter there under Frederick I) and the Sudetengermans (originally German-Austrians with high intermix of Slavic Wends/Czechs) were the MOST fanatical NS followers. I am going to say that this intermixing with Slavs evidently did not harm the Germans, there were no loyality problems with
Masurs, Kashubs, Silesians (this Ger-Pol mix aka "Wasserpolacken") or Sorbs in the 2 WWs.
MCP3 is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday, November 17th, 2010   #27
Teutonic

Ancestry: Bayern, Baden, Schwaben, Württemberg
State: Bavaria
Religion: Deutsch
Teutonic 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Teutonic 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Teutonic 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Teutonic 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

Quote:
No, he spoke Polish, I am pretty certain of that. Well I have never imagined myself as Slavic, I have quite fair skin along with traditional Faelid features of a strong Germanic build. Well my other 15/16th is German, as my mother's family moved to Switzerland and then the USA, so we all came from Prussia. I have always considered myself more German then American and really don't identify with the American people or culture, I yearn to return to my fatherland and serve in the GJ.

If you have always considered yourself German then that is what you are!! Do not let some people on this board who are NOT German tell you otherwise. The fact is, ONLY your German kin, should ones telling you anything on the subject..I have read many instances on the subject, read about and watched when the wall fell, and some women from west Berlin telling der spiegel, that she doesnt consider the east Germans, German anymore!! I thought what?? First of all they are not, no were they ever east Germans, that is Central Germany and because they were seperated for a brief time that makes them less German? QUATSCH!! Our people have had a million damn lies and brainwashing forced upon us for so long now that some of us do not know what to think anymore.. But I think those are only the weak ones, as I have never encountered that in my life, only so far read about it.Our people have been to me just like my mother, father, uncles and aunts, cousins, nothing but kind, loving and genuine to me.. I have respect for the English but when it comes to German things keep your mouths shut, because they do not concern you!! For you to tell one of my brothers where he belongs or what he is, only fills we with scorn for you..What you (English) along with the Americans did to us Germans and Germany will forever resonate in my German blood and heart..

Think about it our Volk have been tore apart so many damn times and our Vaterland cut up so many times there are going to be us Germans spread out throughout the world..From talking to my family as a kid and learning about how the Americans treated us and viewed us and did to us not just in the USA, but Germany, then turning a blind eye at the autrocities they commited and never talk about, its all hypocritical lies.

I think if you are respectful of Germany and Love our people and Fatherland more than anything then your rightful place is here in your German Fatherland.. You know in your heart, if you are a German or not, that is one thing I never questioned as a kid growing up in the USA, the thing I constantly questioned is wheather or not I was American, I never was nor will I ever be American.I have had many conversations with my grandfathers, my father, and uncles and one thing that my grandfather told me as a kid when I told him I do not like the Americans nor do I care about the usa, I said I love only Germany and our German people, he said you are a German and a patriot and to never lose that!!..Most of my family is southern German but I think there is a bit of Prussian blood in me as well, not as much as you and for that I am a little jealous:-) Na; I love every part of Germany that our German kin come from:-)

I hope some German language and culture was passed down to you, and that if you do come to Germany you work selflessly to make this land better in everyway possible, in a sense sacrifice yourself for this great land.. I feal fortunate everyday that I am walking where my forefathers walked and where my kin live, I see the faces of my mother, father, uncles, aunts on the faces of everyone here.. I like you and the Great Rudolf Heß were Germans born onto foreign soil. Ofcoarse neither of us is as great a man as him, but we share a similar affliction. machs gut Bruder..

"Deutsche Einigkeit, meine Stärke - meine Stärke, Deutschlands Macht" (Hermann)
Teutonic is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Teutonic For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, December 8th, 2011   #28
Dead Eye

Ethnicity: English
Ancestry: English
Family: Single adult
Dead Eye shows some promise.

A small amount of non Germanic DNA doesn't really amount for much and there are such things as ineffective genes so if you have a Germanic build,then you are Germanic and the Slavic DNA is really pointless.
Dead Eye is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dead Eye For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, December 8th, 2011   #29
Gardisten

Ethnicity: Anglo-Canadian
Ancestry: German
Gardisten 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Gardisten 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Gardisten 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Gardisten 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

You may want to try and establish whether or not this was the case once and for all. I find that many German-Americans claim to have had an immigrant ancestor who was an officer in the German military, but more often than not this is likely untrue.

Tracing an officer's service is relatively easy since there are still a number of sources available in print, the most significant being the Rangliste. Prussian army records, however, were almost completely destroyed in 1945.

The Rangliste have been digitized by the University of Michigan. People in the USA can view all of them up to 1914, while the rest of use can only view up to 1869. They only go by surname--with a few exceptions--so if the person you are looking for has a common surname, then find the person you're interested in will be somewhat difficult (but not entirely impossible).

http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000495263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittmann View Post
Yes, of course I know that, my great great grandfather served as an officer in the Prussian Armed Forces before moving to the United States before the outbreak of WW1, about 10 years before I think.
Gardisten is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gardisten For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, December 8th, 2011   #30
Sigurd
Herþra
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardisten View Post
You may want to try and establish whether or not this was the case once and for all. I find that many German-Americans claim to have had an immigrant ancestor who was an officer in the German military, but more often than not this is likely untrue.
How do you find this so likely to be untrue. Many Germans immigrated into the US following the "Year without Summer" when the climate was especially cold 1816-1819 following the volcanic winter after the Mt. Tambora eruption (1815), giving ill harvest especially for 1816.

Seeing how this was but years after Napoleon wreaked havoc across Europe, with Prussians withstanding it, I don't see how this is so unlikely, especially considering that Prussians would have been fairly quick to starve considering their natural resources are not so rich, their success in making it arable stemming from vigorous labour rather than luck in placement in the world.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sigurd For This Useful Post: