Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > Skadi Forum: Germanic Online Community > Rules, Announcements & Support
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Rules, Announcements & Support Forum rules, news & announcements. If you need any help, have an error report, or want to make positive suggestions on improving Skadi Forum, please be so kind as to let us know.

Everything About Reputation Points

Old Saturday, March 20th, 2004   #31
old aryan

Subrace: Nordid
Politics: misanthropic redneck
old aryan has earned the respect of peers.

Post Re: Reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adélaïde
Hahaha. This ranking system is almost as complicated as the British peerage system.
Nice new avatar
Is it the real you? (I know, wrong thread.............. )
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2004   #32
Milesian
Sideways to the Sun
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Subrace: Atlantid
Politics: Anti-Neophilia
Religion: Traditional Catholicism
Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.

I'm sorry you are still nursing grieviances, cosmo.
I was not aware of the situation with Njord giving Edric reputations points, I guess Njord would be the only person qualified to answer that. In saying that, I guess it's upto him whom he decides to give points to at the end of the day. Is this the reasoning behind your current desire to dish out negative rep points arbitrarily?

I'm also sorry you are no longer an Admin, but that wasn't my call I'm afraid. As for your claim to have been the most active member of staff out of everyone else, there is no practical way to verify that, so I'll take your word for it.

I see evidence of the mods and supermods editing posts and threads daily, but if you feel there are some which have gone un-noticed, please link them and I'll sort them out.

At the end of the day, however, this is Njord's site and it's his perogative to do as he pleases. I don't always agree with Njord about everything (actually can't think of anything off the top of my head ) but I have found him to be almost always impeccable in his objectiveness and fairness. Perhaps you do have a genuine reason to bear a grudge, but I'm afraid there is little to be done about that unless at some point Njord decides to re-shuffle the staff and include you again.

My friendly advice is not to get so hung-up about it.
There are obviously people here that value your presence and input, and ultimately isn't that more important than having a nice title and being able to edit some posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmocreator
Fairness? There are double standards at this board. That is a not a secret. Njord gave Edric a bunch of rep points arbitrarily. It wasn't until me and Loki said something that they were removed. I've been around longer than most at this board. I have more posts than any other member. That is of no consequence. As an Super Mod/Adm I was possibly more active than all the others. There are threads getting off topic but they are never split. There are posts that say nothing but "delete" and are not getting deleted. Yet, I was removed as Adm. and even banned. Marla on the other hand has done little as a Mod. Yet, she is a Super Mod. It's favoritism. Pure and simple.

I have no influence at this board.
Milesian is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2004   #33
Abby Normal

Subrace: The Other Seedline
Politics: No-bless O'Bleeg
Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old aryan
Nice new avatar
Is it the real you? (I know, wrong thread.............. )
Haha, thanks. Nope, I don't have rainbow hair.
Abby Normal is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Saturday, March 20th, 2004   #34
old aryan

Quote:
Haha, thanks. Nope, I don't have rainbow hair.
Oh, I was hoping, though..........I do know a few who do have rainbow hair......is it something that you've thought of?

(I love smilies...... )..........................
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #35
Abby Normal

Subrace: The Other Seedline
Politics: No-bless O'Bleeg
Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.Abby Normal is a sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old aryan
Oh, I was hoping, though..........I do know a few who do have rainbow hair......is it something that you've thought of?

(I love smilies...... )..........................
Nah. My hair is black right now, I just liked that picture.

By the way, negative reputation points are EVIL!!!
Abby Normal is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #36
old aryan

Quote:

I love black!!!!!!
Evil.....................hmmmmmmmm...... ...I love smilies,

Try a new picture with black hair then.....K?
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #37
old aryan

Quote:

By the way , I do agree with you ......negative reputation points ARE EVIL . :onfire :bat :bat :onfire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the basis of my 2 unscheduled threads into Free Speech about 10 days ago (I love smilies )!!

I believe that if one likes what someone sez....well, give points, if you wish!
And if you disagree, well, are we all suppose to agree ....to what & to whom????????????????

Does this then institute a hierarchy through which, if you agree, fine, but if you disagree with some who are quick to negate you, well, maybe instead of arguing/dicussing, well, you are dissed -- and too bad for you??

That is counterproductive, it seems to me, to open discussion, since an opinion, which may be off the wall to some, is framed by some as unimportant, and to be disregarded/downgraded/negated by this backhanded method

Well, I, for one, believe that everyone's opinion is important -- in fact, I know that some of my views are cockeyed to some, but to me, well -- I like them, and will keep them until I have challenged/tested them, and see that revision is in order.
When I was younger, I was resolute in my ideas to the point that I thought that those that disagreed with me bordered on heretical -- how could they do this; after all, I am correct!!! LOL

A few years, and a little wisdom have led me to the conclusion that this was wrong, and that it is important to hear everyone's views -- since the only 'truths' that we really know, are that the sun rises & sets, the moon & stars are in the night sky, and things like these. Everything else can be seen from many views!

by the way...I love smilies:carrot :carrot :cucumber :cucumber :cucumber :worm :worm :handclap :handclap :handclap :handclap
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #38
cosmocreator

Subrace: Other
Politics: Living in the real world
cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.cosmocreator is considered wise by the elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesian
Is this the reasoning behind your current desire to dish out negative rep points arbitrarily?
I don't give out negative points arbitrarily. I give them to posts that I disagree with or that I find distasteful or for some other reason. They are never arbitrary.

Quote:
I'm also sorry you are no longer an Admin, but that wasn't my call I'm afraid. As for your claim to have been the most active member of staff out of everyone else, there is no practical way to verify that, so I'll take your word for it.
I guess you are not fully aware of what an Adm can do. Yes, it is possible to verify. You can look up Adm/Mod logs.

IHR Revisionist Conference, April 24, 2004, internet broadcast:

http://www.internationalrevisionistconference.c om/
cosmocreator is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #39
Milesian
Sideways to the Sun
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Subrace: Atlantid
Politics: Anti-Neophilia
Religion: Traditional Catholicism
Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.Milesian 's wisdom is legendary.

Quote:
I don't give out negative points arbitrarily. I give them to posts that I disagree with or that I find distasteful or for some other reason. They are never arbitrary.
Hmmm......sounded pretty arbitrarily to me, as you mentioned on the previous page .....

Quote:
I think, as of today, I'm going to start giving negative points to everyone

Quote:
I guess you are not fully aware of what an Adm can do. Yes, it is possible to verify. You can look up Adm/Mod logs.
I am aware of that, thank you. I didn't say it was not possible. The point is that it is beside the point now. Njord removed you regardless of whther you believe it was fair or not. I assume Njord weighed up the pro's and con's of removing you and then based his decision on that.

I apologise if the current Mods do not live up to your own high standards. We will of course try to be as efficient as possible, so if you want to give us the links to those threads in need of moderation, I'm sure we will try and rectify them asap.
Milesian is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
Old Sunday, March 21st, 2004   #40
old aryan

Thumbs Up Re: Reputation points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesian
Hmmm......sounded pretty arbitrarily to me, as you mentioned on the previous page .....

I am aware of that, thank you. I didn't say it was not possible. The point is that it is beside the point now. Njord removed you regardless of whther you believe it was fair or not. I assume Njord weighed up the pro's and con's of removing you and then based his decision on that.

I apologise if the current Mods do not live up to your own high standards. We will of course try to be as efficient as possible, so if you want to give us the links to those threads in need of moderation, I'm sure we will try and rectify them asap.
K.....hmmmmm......sorry, Think I'm in the wrong thread
(I love smilies )!!