Skadi Forum

Welcome to Skadi Forum, the largest Germanic online community forum where you can join over 45,000 members from around the world discussing all things of concern to you. To gain full access to Skadi Forum you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 100 topic forums and browse from over 800,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other members from around the world.
  • Post your own images and documents or access from over 70,000 files.
  • Gain access to special insider forums not available to guests.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support. If you have questions about the permissible content, please read the Skadi Forum disclaimer and the Skadi Forum rules.

Go Back   Skadi Forum > > Extinct Germanic Groups
Register FAQ Rules Donate Arcade Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Extinct Germanic Groups General historical, social, linguistic, political and cultural topics pertinent to any of the various Germanic groups that have gone extinct.

The Treveri - Germanic or Celt?

Old Monday, November 7th, 2016   #11
Wulfaz
Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves.
„Friend of Germanics”
Skadi Funding Member

Ethnicity: German
Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.Wulfaz is considered wise by the elders.

My Great-Grandfather fought by the Royal Hungarian Defense Force in Russia. He with his troops had retreated to North-West-Germany to get in British prisoner of war. He would go surely into Siberia with his German name. The British were good men and he could go home healthy after one year.

However the cousin of my Great-Grandmother was one of the leader of the Nazi Organisation of the Hungarian Germans, the Volksbund. He was hanged with the another main fellow of that movement.

Honestly I hate the war, all war. We are the children of God, not animals. If the Mankind do not wake up of own animal emotons, they will destroy the whole ecosystem of this Planet, including the Human Race.

"Remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus,"or that virtue "was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice."
/King Baldwin IV in the Kingdom of Heaven/
Wulfaz is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wulfaz For This Useful Post:
Old Monday, November 7th, 2016   #12
Lothringer

Ethnicity: Germanic French
Ancestry: Lothringen
Subrace: Don't know
State: Lorraine
Family: Married
Politics: None
Religion: Christian
Lothringer shows some promise.

War is always the worst possible solution but we have to be aware of the fact that war is inherent to mankind.
Lothringer is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lothringer For This Useful Post:
Old Tuesday, November 8th, 2016   #13
Friedrich

Ethnicity: German
Ancestry: Germany, Saarland
Subrace: Alpanid/Nordid
State: Cape Province
Family: Single adult
Politics: None, really-open minded.
Religion: Agnostic
Friedrich 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Friedrich 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Friedrich 's opinion is sought out by learned men.Friedrich 's opinion is sought out by learned men.

For sure, and just to point-out, nobody here is saying it's a good idea to go to war, and everybody must decide for themselves when self-defence is justified.

We're actually just sharing the experiences of past Germanic generations, and a lot is never shared in mainstream history.
We cannot fight those wars over, and many of those generations were very young, conscripted and didn't really know what hit them immediately.

My granny passed away at 96 this year and I was lucky we could fly her over to spend the last few years with us.
We drank shots together and sang old song, and I found out as much as possible about our history.

Just saying before the "Wirtschaftswunder" in Western Germany, our people had a very tough and humiliating time.
Many were raped, killed and starved.
Others had difficult relationships with their sons, whom they had last seen as babies, when they returned as shell-shocked prisoners of war.
It affects families and later generations to this day.

I enjoy sharing our heritage, and what we know very much.
Thanks everybody.
Friedrich is offline Quote this post in a PM   Reply With Quote